Employment OpportunitiesJoin the Plaza Convention Center team
Current Employment Listings
The Plaza Convention Center currently has the following employment opportunities. To apply in person please visit the Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel located at 1900 Ken Pratt Boulevard in Longmont or forward resume to email@example.com
Banquet Captain-Full Time Hourly
This Banquet Captain position would supervise, organize and control execution of banquet events and work directly with the Banquet Manager. We are looking for candidates who have a flexible schedule and the ability to work both AM and PM shifts as well as weekends and Holidays. Candidates should be detail and team oriented.
- Oversees each feature of a banquet event, from the beginning to the end
- Delegates assignments to each team member during an event
- Organization of Banquet Event Orders for the service team
- Assist catering sales team in tours and client meetings to obtain needed details and interact with clients.
- Communicate event information to catering sales team, management and finance team
Relevant experience in a related field is required.
Banquet Setup-Part Time Hourly
This position will setup and breakdown banquet rooms for functions per floor plans provided to include moving of tables and chairs. Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and push/pull up to 95 lbs. on a regular basis.
No experience required. Will train.
Banquet Server-Part Time Hourly
This position would be responsible for providing exceptional food and beverage service to banquet guests. Duties include setting and maintaining tables and catering to guests needs in a prompt and friendly manner.
No experience required. Will train.
Hotel and Convention Center Sales Manager-Full Time Salaried
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Sales Manager for our Full Service Convention Hotel. The hotel has 210 sleeping rooms and over 100,000 square feet of indoor & outdoor meeting and function space. We are the largest overall Convention & Meeting Venue north of the Denver Metro area, and the largest in Boulder County.
- Generates revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations.
- Works closely with the General Manager to develop an effective marketing plan and direct the sales effort as described in the marketing plan.
- Plans and administers sales policies and programs to foster and promote hotel patronage.
- Establishes and maintains accounts, and develops relationships in the marketplace.
- Identifies and analyzes competition, both locally and regionally.
- Designs new programs and campaigns to develop additional sales from the various market niches. Makes face-to-face sales calls.
- Ensures prompt and systematic servicing of all business accounts.
- Maintains high visibility in the surrounding community and in the hospitality community.
* Minimum of 2 years of sales experience, preferably in a full service Hotel setting
Here are some benefits of joining the team.
For Full Time Positions we offer:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
For all team members we offer:
- Best Western Hospitality Discounts
- Various discounts with local merchants
Allow our staff exceed your expectations and wow you with the services making us Longmont's only full-service hotel
Relax in exquisite luxury hotel rooms with premier service and all the amenities earning us TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence for three years running
Stay connected with complimentary 1 gigabit broadband high-speed wireless internet service named fastest ISP in the nation by Ookla Speedtest
Visit and learn what makes Longmont one of “America’s 50 Best Cities to Live” named by Wall Street 24/7
Contact Plaza Convention Center Today!
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!